Pages

Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Summer Squash





I made this pasta the other day with the leftovers in my fridge. I have so many tomatoes around from my farm delivery. I think I've been eating an average of 2 whole tomatoes a day. The pasta was just tomatoes, onions and garlic heated in olive oil over whole wheat pasta with fresh basil on top. My herb plants are really getting large. I bought some Thyme seeds over the weekend since I've been using it so often in recipes.

Yesterday Lucia came over to hang out on the roof and enjoy the heat with me. We made some iced coffees and finished most of the blueberry crumb. Later we made hamburgers on the grill. I had made some homemade coleslaw dressing earlier used that with my bag of cabbage. I can't seem to get enough coleslaw lately. We also made a side dish and I got to use my summer squash and zucchini. When I saw that summer squash in last week's delivery I had no idea what to make with it but this was so good. I hope we get more squash in the future.

Ingredients

+ 2 Tbsp olive oil
+ 1/2 yellow onion, sliced
+ 4 cloves of garlic, minced
+ 1/2 c. vegetable broth
+ 1 ear of corn, kernels cut from cob
+ 2 c. sliced yellow squash
+ 2 c. sliced zucchini
+ 1 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
+ 2 tbsp butter
+ salt and pepper

Heat the oil in a skillet over medium-high heat, and cook the onion and garlic until slightly tender. Mix in vegetable broth and corn kernels and cook until heated through. Mix in squash and zucchini. Cover and cook for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until tender.

Mix the parsley and butter into skillet with the squash. Season with salt and pepper. Cook and stir until butter in melted and serve hot.

+ pink lemonade
+ magazines in the mail
+ being able to open all the windows

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...