Pages

Friday, November 30, 2012

Let it go

I didn't go to class this morning. It felt so wonderful to go back to bed and rest. I feel like I have been so worn out lately both physically and mentally. Emotionally I feel pretty good, I've been trying to be more patient and calm about life. It is hard to do sometimes. I'd rather live a slightly less ambitious life and enjoy it. I never thought I was a perfectionist but in the last few years I find myself being really hard on myself when I don't get a perfect grade or do something the "right" way. I know it is better to handle these situations with grace but they eat away at me. Stupid mistakes haunt me for days and I'm tired of it. I'm trying to do yoga everyday and just let the mistakes be done. I've always used mistakes to push myself to be better and do more but than never seems to lead to me being happier. I might be happy for a minute or two about what I've accomplished but the pain and the struggle just doesn't seem worth it. I want to finish school and to be at my future job but I'm going to stop with that. Maybe I won't be a super success but I want to be happy or at least alert and in the moment. I want to be awake and not sleeping through my days thinking only of the future. School classes will be over in 12 days and I will be out in the real world sort of. I need to let my worries go and start celebrating. It has been a long journey to obtaining this degree and I have worked very hard, I deserve to celebrate with my friends.

Ok now it's time to get back to writing hand therapy EBP's all afternoon. 12 more days!

+ 12 more days of homework
+ happiness
+ sparkling water

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...