Pages

Tuesday, September 1, 2009

book worm


I'm going to attempt to read every book I own before I buy another one. It will be extremely difficult especially when we go to goodwill. Those books only cost $2. I usually buy an armload each time we go. I'm going to through and sort my books and get rid of some that I guess I don't need before we move at the end of the month. I wish we didn't have to find a new place again. This place finally feels like home. It will be awesome if we can find a place with a dishwasher or a balcony or even a fireplace. So luxurious.

The book I'm reading right now is called An Unquiet Mind by Kay Redfield Jamison. Its a memoir about her experience with manic depression. I got it at Goodwill with a few other new ones over the weekend. Its made me more aware of how different the mental health field is now compared to the 1970s. I'm about half way through it, so once I finish this one I have about 900 more to go. Maybe I should list them tomorrow so I can cross them off. I'm such a list nerd.

We went to Mt. Rainier today and went on a 6 mile hike through the most amazing forest I have ever been in. I would post some photos but those will have to wait until tomorrow. The camera is 6 feet away on my desk and walking even that distance is too painful at the moment. Its been a long time since I've been hiking. I really loved being in the woods. I think we might go back in early September.

Tomorrow is my last day of vacation. I'm going to have to make it count. I have big plans to go to Trader Joe's and perhaps due the laundry so I have something to wear to work on Wednesday.

+ my dad is visiting in february!
+ moss covered forests
+ road trips with philip

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...