Pages

Sunday, September 6, 2009

A walk in the woods

Me: Want to watch something on TV?
Philip: sure

This pretty much sums up my weekend so far. We've been looking around at apartments. We visited one in Ballard yesterday. The lady who gave us the tour was very friendly, she talked from the moment she introduced herself. It was a bit exhausting. We're not sure it will be worth it to find a new place, in case we have to move next summer. The prospect of moving to a new city, on the other side of the country, is so insane I'm unable to wrap my head around it. One step at a time.

So we're going to look at a new apartment today that hopefully works out because it has hardwood floors and is a better location with cheaper rent. My fingers are crossed.

In the meantime, to avoid thinking about starting my new job, moving across the country or the million things I need to do to apply to grad school, I'm reading. I just started A Walk in the Woods by Bill Bryson. Its all about his experience walking the Appalachian trail. So far I'm enjoying it and its more uplifting than reading about manic depression.



+ rainy afternoons
+ new mattress
+ zucchini bread

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...