Pages

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

my electric blanket is broken



Today I went back to class to start week two. I only had two classes this morning and neither one was too bad. The weather turned really cold and rainy today and I woke up with a terrible sore throat. I'm hoping it is just sinus trouble and will pass in a day or two. I really don't have time to be sick right now. I'm trying to get everything organized with my classes and not procrastinate this semester which I tend to do.

Even though I wasn't feeling great, I did make it to the gym to do a 3 mile run. I can't believe the 10k is only 2 weeks. I don't really feel like I'm ready to do it but I'm going to give it a go anyway and just see how it goes. I mean if I feel like I'm dying I can always stop and walk for a little bit.

I could really use a nap. I have so much to do tonight and zero energy to do it. I couldn't fall asleep last night and stayed up and looked at photos. I was feeling homesick for Seattle. It still feels like we should be going back any day now, like this thing in Pittsburgh is just temporary like a long vacation. I guess it will start to feel more like home as time passes but there are so many things I miss about Seattle. Most of all I miss Philip being happy and carefree and not so depressed and anxious all the time. I wish there was something I could do to help him but I'm not sure what to do. I think he just needs to be done with that terrible job and start to feel comfortable with the not so terrible job.

I can't believe all that we've done this year. Everything feels like it has been moving at light speed since May.

Highlights of the summer:

+ Passing Anatomy!!
+ Moving cross-country with the pets
+ Mt. Rushmore
+ Visiting Wall Drug
+ Moving to a new apartment
+ Awesome new bed my Dad made for us
+ Spending Bethany's birthday with her at Wafflonia
+ Evan's Baptism
+ Spending 2 weeks sort of relaxing at my parent's house
+ Katie's visit to Pittsburgh
+ Going to the Natural History museum
+ Running in Frick park


I guess I should get started on the hours of reading I have ahead of me.

+ first pumpkin spice latte of the season
+ snuggling with Annie Dog
+ Hot Hot shower after walking home in the cold rain

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...