Pages

Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Which door


The first career I can remember wanting was to be a mountain climber. I thought this would be the ideal career for me. I was excellent at climbing trees and loved being outside. I thought for the longest time that China was located on the other side of the mountains surrounding our town. I'm not sure how I put that together but I think I truly believed the other side of the earth was just beyond our backyard view. Good thing I didn't try to hike there, I would have been disappointed to find it was only more farms and fields for miles.

My sister was the one who first put doubt in my mind about the profession of climbing mountains by telling me only mom would be willing to pay me to climb anything and I couldn't live on that kind of money.
I think she was probably right and I no longer think I could be a professional mountain climber now. In fact earlier tonight I carried the laundry up 3 flights of stairs and my lungs felt like they might explode, it was quite a climb.

After my climbing interest faded I decided I would be a writer. I even purchased the world's heaviest typewriter at a yard sale. I loved the giant old thing even though it was missing the letter E. I decided that I could do without it. I have the first completed book I think I ever wrote titled The Orange Horse, two slightly different versions are located on a shelf in my living room. I don't know if I've completed a full work of fiction since.

I also went through a short phase of wanting to be a massage therapist but that didn't work out. I'm still not sure what it is I would like to spend my days doing to pay the bills. I think my dream job would be sewing items for sale or designing a line of fabrics. I don't know if thats something I'll ever get to do full time but I hope someday I'll be excited to get up in the morning and start work rather than start dreading it the night before.

I spent a little over 3 hours applying to jobs this morning. I really hope I get a call for an interview this week. I better get to sleep so I can be refreshed for eternal hell.. I mean work in the morning.

+ video games
+ clean laundry
+ staying up late





No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...